Lecture Notes for CS2214b
- Chapter 0 :
- Chapter 1 part 1:
propositional logic (optional textbook exercises on pp.13-15: 11,13,15,21,22,23,25,27,28,29,37,42)
- Chapter 1 part 2:
predicate logic (9/p.53, 12/p.53, 13/p.53, 23/p.53, 25/p.54, 62/p.57, 10/p.65, 13/p.66)
- Chapter 1 part 3:
proof methods and strategies: direct/indirect proofs, proof by contradiction, iff, proof by cases, etc.
Chapter 2 parts 1,2: sets and set operations, Venn diagrams
- Chapter 2 parts 3,4,6: functions, sequences, matrices.
- Chapter 4 parts 1,2,3: divisibility, modula arithmetic, congruency, integer representation, primes, gcd/lcm.
- Chapter 4 parts 4,5,6: solving congruencies, applications, cryptography.
- Chapter 5: Mathematical induction, strong induction, recursion and structural induction.
- Chapter 6: Counting, permutations, combinations.
- Chapter 7: Discrete probability theory.
- Chapter 9: Relations.
- Chapter 10: Graphs.
| NOTE: lecture notes are subject to change/modification anytime before class.|