Slides will be posted as the course pregresses.
- Topic 1. Introduction
- Topic 2. Overview of different image modalities: photo images,
video, and 2D-3D-4D medical data
- Topic 3.
Elements of image (pre)-processing, filtering. Feature detection.
- Topic 4. Basic segmentation techniques. Segment appearance (region) and shape (boundary).
- Topic 5. Boundary & shape regularization (examples: interactive segmentation, reconstruction, video texture).
- Topic 6. Color or appearance consistency. General clustering methods. Appearance consistency + boundary regularization.
- Topic 7. Image warping. Parametric transformations with 2x2 and 3x3 matrices. Homographies. Interpolation of intensities.
- Topic 8. Image morphing. Cross-dissolve. Delaunay triangulation. Piece-wise affine transforms. Interpolation of transformations.
- Topic 9. Panorama mosaicing. Projective maps. Image blending.
- Topic 10. Automatic feature matching and model fitting. Least squares and RANSAC. Multi-model fitting (lines, planes, etc.)
- Topic 11. Stereo reconstruction. Stereo correspondences. Disparity maps. Window-based, scan-line, and global stereo methods.
- Topic 12. General labeling problems (restoration, seemless stitching, compositing, texture synthesis, etc). Robust labeling.
- Topic 13. (time permitting) Motion, tracking, registration. Optical flows. Deformable models (snakes, pictorial structures).