Department of Computer Science
How to get added to the Grad list
Some graduate students have asked for an official page where they can be
listed. The idea, presumably, is to allow them to have use their home pages
to provide information about themselves and their research.
To add a link between the graduate list and your home page you must follow
- You must have an account on the Research Net.
- You must be on one of Janice's graduate mailing lists; Masters (msc),
PhD (phd), Year H (yearh) or Special (special). This is an automatic step.
If you are a registered graduate
student in the Department of Computer Science you will be on
- You must create a directory in your home directory called public_html (mkdir $HOME/public_html) and it must
be world readable and executable (chmod 755 $HOME/public_html).
- You must create a file in your $HOME/public_html directory called
index.html (use your favourite editor) and make sure it is world readable (chmod 644 $HOME/public_html/index.html)
- You must create a symbolic link to your $HOME/public_html directory
called www (ln -s $HOME/public_html $HOME/www).
- Wait for one day. The script that automatically generates the grad list
page is run nightly.