Mark Perry, Stephen Watt “Software as Performance” IASTED Law and Technology Conference proceedings October 2006 MIT Boston
Perry, M., Krishna, P., Fitzgerald, B., “Material Transfer Agreements in Biotechnology” Poster at ABIC2006, Melbourne (Prize Winning Poster)
Halina Kaminski, Khalid Sherdil, Hanan Lutfiyya, Nazim H. Madhavji, and Mark Perry. "Differentiating Web Service Offerings", Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Society (i-Society 2006), August 2006, Miami, Florida, pp.80-88 Published by the e-Centre for Informatics, UK. ISBN:0-9546628-1-4
Nabbali, T. and Perry, M., Going for the throat: Carnivore in an Echelon World. Part 1 Vol 19, No. 6, 2003, Computer Law and Security Report 456467 These articles look at the use of Carnivore and other packet sniffing software by law enforcement agencies, as well as discussion of Echelon global spy system.
Perry, M. and Chisick, C., Copyright and Anti-circumvention: Growing pains in a digital millennium, New Zealand Intellectual Property Journal, 261275, August 2000. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act in the United States has led the way in legislation that attempts to control misuse of digital materials. This paper puts it in a comparative context for a New Zealand audience.
Perry, M., Roadblocks to LIINZ - problems facing public access to New Zealand law laws, Law Via the Internet, 128136, 1997.
*(often pre-print is linked, ie un-edited)
Other peer reviewed contributions:
Perry, M., Mohan, S., “The Auto Web Manager using Java and DB2” Centre for Advanced Studies Conference Exhibit, Toronto, October 2004 (National Research Council/IBM)
Zhao, Q., Zhou, Y., Perry M., “Autonomic License Manager” Centre for Advanced Studies Conference Exhibit, Toronto, October 2004 (National Research Council/IBM)
Zhou, Y., Zhao, Q., Perry M., “Ontologies for On Demand Service Level Agreements” Centre for Advanced Studies Conference Exhibit, Toronto, October 2004 (National Research Council/IBM)
Zhou, Y., Zhao, Q., Perry M., “Rule Engine Integration for On Demand Business” Centre for Advanced Studies Conference Exhibit, Toronto, October 2004 (National Research Council/IBM)
Zhou, Y., Zhao, Q., Perry M., On Demand Service Level Agreements and Enforcement Centre for Advanced Studies Conference Exhibit, Toronto, October 2003.
Zhao, Q., Zhou, Y., Perry M., Autonomic Licensing Centre for Advanced Studies Conference Exhibit, Toronto, October 2003.
Zhou, Y., Zhao, Q., Perry M., Component Licensing Model CASCON Exhibit, Sept 30- Oct 3 2002, Toronto (National Research Council/IBM).**
Perry, M., & Nabbali, T., Going for the Throat: Techniques in Crime Control or Denial of Privacy, Paper presented at Law Commission of Canada Conference In Search of Security Montreal, February 2003.
Zhou, Y., Zhao, Q., Perry M., Policy Management Centre for Advanced Studies Conference Exhibit, Toronto, October 2002.
Perry, M., Roadblocks to LIINZ - problems facing public access to New Zealand laws, in Law Via the Internet, 128136, Sydney 1997..
Perry, M. Materials and interaction, using electronic means to enhance learning ALTA Legal Education Seminar Paper, Sydney, October 1997.
Perry, M. Transforming Teaching and Learning with Information Technology Apple University Consortium Academic Conference, University of Queensland, September 1996
Abstracts and/or papers presented
Perry M., Cultural and Intellectual Properties: new problems in the new age Canadian Bar Association Annual Conference, London, Ontario, August 10 - 14 2002
Perry, M. Digitizing Artifacts: Propertisation invited speaker to the Traditional Knowledge, Intellectual Property, and Indigenous Culture Conference at Cardozo Law School in New York, February 22-23
Krishna, P. and Perry M., Plant hsp90 and its putative cochaperones: a genomics perspective, EuroConference and EMBO workshop Mechanisms and Cellular Functions of Molecular Chaperones, Sant Feliu de Guixols, Spain, May 26 31, 2001.**
Perry, M., Chisick C., Does Canada need anti-circumvention legislation? CALT conference, Quebec, 26 May 2001.
Perry, M., Domain Names and ICAAN CASCON, the IBM Centre for Advanced Studies Conference, Nov. 13 2000.
Perry, M., Panel: Public Policy and Primary Legal Materials AustLII Conference on Computerisation of Law via the Internet, Sydney, June 1997 (invited)
Presentations at professional meetings/workshops and others:
Perry, M., Zhao, Q., “Policy Based License Management” Policy Based Management: a dynamic approach to an on demand world workshop at CASCON 2004 (National Research Council/IBM)
Perry, M., “Open Source Software” at CASCON 2004 (National Research Council/IBM)
Perry, M., (for Trosow S.) “Protection for Federally Funded Research: Necessary Incentive or Double Subsidy?” at CASCON 2004 (National Research Council/IBM)
Perry M., Policy for Autonomic System Management, Seminar, Indian Institute of Management September 2003 (invited)
Perry M., Patenting Higher Lifeforms, Seminar, University of Auckland September 2003
Perry M., Technology in Teaching Law, Lunchtime Speaker, The Canadian Teaching Colloquium: Innovation Law and Policy London, May 2003 (invited)
Perry M., Zhao Q., Licensing Model for On Demand Services Centre for Advanced Studies, Markham, 19 August 2003 (invited)
Perry M., The WIPO Copyright Treaty from a comparative perspective Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow, India December 2002 (invited)
Perry M., Biotechnology and Law Biology 393b (Genetic Engineering) course, UWO, January 23 2003 (invited)
Perry, M., Digital Rights Management and Intellectual Property IEEE Kingston Section, AGM Talk, November 13 2002, Kingston, Ontario (invited)
Perry M., Intellectual Property, and Software CASCON Workshop paper, Oct 3 2002 Toronto (National Research Council)
Perry M., Biotechnology and Intellectual Property Ivey School of Business, UWO, Sept. 18 2002 (invited)
Perry, M. Canadian and Other Approaches to the WIPO Copyright Treaty Osgoode Hall, March 14, 2002, invited talk to Copyright Class
Perry, M. Bioethics and Intellectual Property Issues in Biotechnology invited talk to Professional Engineers of Ontario at the Integrated Manufacturing Technology Institute, March 6, 2002
Perry, M. Intellectual Property Rights: Online Learning Western Research Forum, Panel Discussion, Apr. 27, 2002
Perry, M. Presenter at UWO Annual March Break Open House, March, 2002
Perry, M. Biotechnology and the law UWO, invited talk to Genetic Engineering class, Feb. 2002
Perry, M. Software and Copyright Yorke University Toronto, Osgoode Hall, February 2002, invited talk to Copyright Class, 14 Feb 2002
Perry, M., Code BAD Linux Users Group, UWO, Nov. 5, 2000 (invited)
Perry, M., Domain Names in Context Faculty Workshop, University of Western Ontario, Sept. 27, 2000
Perry, M., Archiving or Commodifying: the Propertisation of Digitised Artefacts the application of new technologies for soft representations, CALT, Edmonton, May 30, 2000
Perry, M., Copyright in the University Setting, Centre for Professional Development, Auckland, June 9, 1999 (invited)
Perry, M., DNS and the legal system Staff Seminar, Faculty of Law, University of Western Ontario, March 1998 (invited)
Perry, M., Passing off and domain names Staff Seminar, Faculty of Law, University of Tasmania, October 1998 (invited)
Perry, M., Web based resources for teaching law Centre for Professional Development, Auckland, November 1997 (invited)
Perry, M., Materials and interaction, using electronic means to enhance learning ALTA Legal Education Seminar Paper, Sydney, October 1997
1. Perry, M., Submission to World Intellectual Property Organisation RFC-3 Interim Report of the WIPO Internet Domain Name Process The Management of Internet Names and Addresses: Intellectual Property Issues, March 1999
2. Perry, M. and Barnard, L., Submission to the Law Commission Report 50: Electronic Commerce I A Guide for the legal and business community, New Zealand Law Commission, 1999, pp. 1-204.
3. Perry, M., Submission to Parliamentary Council Access to Acts of Parliament October 1998
4. Perry, M. and Huscroft, G., Submission to Commerce Commission Technology Crimes Reform Bill June 1997
Other evidence of productivity in Scholarship and Research:
1. Perry, M., Dealing with computer systems, contracts and digital content: practical books for your friends? Review of Computer and Internet Contracts and Law (looseleaf), by M-T Michèle Rennie, Sweet and Maxwell (Rev. 7, September 2000); Review of Digital Property: Currency of the 21st Century by Lesley Ellen Harris, McGraw Hill (1998) for International Journal of Law and Information Technology, Winter 2004
2. Symposium co-organizer with Margaret Ann Wilkinson, Intellectual Property Symposium, London, 10 February 2003
3. Chair, Information Technology Resource Centre Board, 20022003
4. Perry, M., Review of I T Policies and Procedures (looseleaf), by John Masterson (executive editor) Gee Publishing 1997 (Supplement 7 April 2000) for International Journal of Law and Information Technology, Winter 2004
5. Co-host Dr. Ron Fourney, National DNA Databank of Canada for Arts, Law, Science Bioinformatics 125th Anniversary UWO talk.
6. Perry, M. Book Review of "Copyright & Multimedia Works: A Comparative analysis" by I Stamatoudi in Law & Politics Book Review. Vol 12/11 Nov. 2002
7. Responsible for inviting and hosting Distinguished Visitors to UWO
8. Conference co-organizer with Margaret Ann Wilkinson, in partnership with Kersi Antia of the Ivey School of Business and the Law Commission of Canada, of a Conference held at Spencer Hall, University of Western Ontario, Leveraging Knowledge Assets: Security Interests in Intellectual Property (including co-hosting a cross-Canada video conference), November 2001
9. Member, Communications, Information Technology and Intellectual Property Law (CITIP) Area, Faculty of Law, 2000-
10. Book Review of Doern, G. and Sharaput, M., Canadian Intellectual Property, the Politics of Innovation Institutions and Interests in  Law and Politics Book Review
11. Mary Crossan, Margaret Ann Wilkinson and Mark Perry with casewriters Trevor Hunter and Tammy Smith, Napster and MP3: Redefining the Music Industry, Ivey Management Services, Dec. 19, 2000, for use in the MBA and LL.B. programmes. London: Ivey Management Services. 1-9. with Teaching Note. Also published in a book, see Chapters in Books and Symposia above.
12. Book Review of Lloyd, I., Information Technology Law and Rowland, D. and Macdonald, E. Information Technology Law in  International Journal of Law and Information Technology 354-355
13. Book Review of Cornish, W., Intellectual Property in  New Zealand Intellectual Property Journal 234
14. Book Review of Bandey, B., International copyright in computer program technology in  New Zealand Intellectual Property Journal 179-180
15. Book Review of Bainbridge, D., Software Copyright Law in  New Zealand Intellectual Property Journal 152-153
Articles in non-Peer Reveiewed Journals and Conference Proceedings:
1. Perry, M., Why we should worry Editorial, Technology Law Forum January 2000
2. Perry, M., The Criminality of Changing Data on Computer Systems  New Zealand Law Journal 418-419
3. Perry, M., CyberlawyersNet Dreams or Facing the Inevitable  New Zealand Law Journal 309-310
4. Perry, M., The Curious State of Statutes  New Zealand Law Journal 373-376