- drag the polyhedron to re-orient
- drag the black dot (KV) to re-shape
- click on different solids at the bottom for a different platonic frame
Here are the related publications so far.
All of these solids are related to the symmetry groups of the Platonic Solids.
For a visualization of the reflection groups see my very old program
reflection groups of the regular solids.
- Interactive Metamorphic Visuals
(published in INFORMATION VISUALISATION 2001 p 483-488)
- Archimedean Kaleidoscope: A Cognitive Tool to Support Thinking and Reasoning about Geometric Solids, Geometric Modeling: Techniques, Applications, Systems and Tools, Editor: M. Sarfraz, Kluwer Academic Publisher (In press).
Sedig, K. Rowhani, S., Morey, J., Liang, H. (2003). Application
of Information Visualization Techniques to the Design of a Mathematical
Mindtool: A Usability Study. Journal of Information Visualization, Palgrave Macmillan Ltd. 2(3).
If you have browser problems, look at the Java Problems? page.