May 2021 - Present
IBM CAS, Toronto, Canada
I am being trained as a graduate researcher for my MSc. Computer Science thesis under the direct supervision of Dr. Kostas Kontogiannis, in collaboration with IBM Center for Advanced Studies (IBM CAS), Canada.
Thesis Title: Continous Compliance Data Science for Software Systems
Public Impact Statement:
Large software systems encompass complex interactions among their components. These components are subjected to frequent maintenance activities which are applied in order to fix bugs, add new functionality, port to new platforms, or inter-operate with other systems. In this context, there are two major aspects for maintaining and evolving such systems. The first aspect is to identify, classify, and model dependencies between system components. The second aspect is to analyze these component dependency models, and assess both the risk of failure when changes are made to the system, and the risk of violating compliance requirements related to issues such as security, access control and privacy. The project develops techniques to identify and analyze dependencies between components in micro-service systems and assess compliance of such systems against the NIST 800.53 security controls.
NIST 800-53 Rev5, MITRE ATT&CK, Machine Intelligence & AIOps, Eclipse IDE (Java)
Use of Time:
NIST 800-53 (20%), MITRE ATT&CK (20%), Java (40%), MI & AIOps (20%)
January 2015 - August 2017
Freelancer, Kitchener, Canada
I have worked on 20+ Android apps as a freelance developer supporting small and medium size businesses around the world. My contributions are as follow:
- Designed and developed new Android applications for many small to medium size businesses.
- Responsible for modifying the existing code to enhance performance of an entire application.
- Streamed media files such as remote MP4 videos using Android platform libraries.
- Used Retrofit to Serialize and Deserialize JSON data.
- Used Rx Java to enhance the level of abstraction around threading.
- Implemented Multi-Threading for improving performance and efficiency
- Used Butterknife to inject code at compile time.
- Implemented ReactiveX library to support reactive programming in Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
- Used Dagger2 to create reusable, interchangable modules, and inject dependencies in different parts of an application.
- Experienced in unit testing using Junit and TestNg
- Integrated In-App Purchase (IAP) and payment gateways
- Familiar with Parse Server and FireBase.
Android Studio, Android SDK, Android Framework APIs (GPS, Camera, Notification), Eclipse, DDMS, Dreamweaver, Spring IOC, Genymotion emulators.
Director / Technical Project Lead
Nov 2018 - Present
Prime Sleep, Mississauga, Canada
Experienced in managing a small team for a Shopify based online store. As both the technical lead and owner of Prime Sleep Canada, I oversee the company’s technical team members and all projects they undertake, analyze briefs, write progress reports, identify risks, and develop work schedules. I work with my team to build lasting relationships and inspire them to reach their goals.
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible
- Analyzing existing operations and scheduling training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments
- Updating work schedules and performing troubleshooting as required
- Store development using HTML 5, CSS and JQuery
- Template Customization
- Third-party API Integration
- Interaction with Shopify Order Management System using Liquid
- Motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes
Shopify CMS, Liquid, HTML 5, JQuery, CSS, MS Office 360
Use of Time:
Technical Lead Operations (70%), Shopify (10%), MS Office 360 (10%), Liquid (10%)
May 2014 - August 2014
IBM, Markham, Canada
I was assigned in IBM Business Analytics & Information Management Data Ecosystem department as a IBM Cognos 10.2 Developer. Our team of 5 Co-op students was assigned with the responsibility of accomplishing “technology demonstration” project, aimed at prospective clients at IBM conference in October 2014. My duties, being the Cognos expert, included but no limited to the following:
- Successfully installed and configured IBM Cognos 10.2.1 and SuSe Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack3-4. Acquired expertise in configuring VMware on local machine to support the DB2 and Cognos instances locally.
- Integrated Cognos 10.2.1 with DB2 10.5 BLU Acceleration (FIXPACK 4) and generated reports based on web-based user-input.
- Wrote SQL queries using Joins, Aggregations, Grouping, Unions and Intersects in Cognos 10 Framework Manager and successfully published packages and created reports in IBM Cognos Client.
- Wrote Python script to generate and dump 500 GB fictional data in DB2 database to demo improved reports generation time.
- Wrote Bash Shell scripts for project related Linux processes automation.
- Installed, configured and managed numerous Linux services such as DNS, Apache Web Server and Email Server on SLES 11 distribution.
- Wrote a Cognos 10.2 Quick Installation/Deployment guide for IBM’s internal use. Document added into the company’s Knowledge Management Tool (KMT) with approval of the supervisor.
IBM Cognos 10.2, IBM DB2 10.5 BLU Acceleration, Linux (SLES 11), SQL, Python, Bash Shell Scripting, Linux Services
Use of Time:
IBM Cognos 10.2.1 (40%), IBM DB2 (30%), Linux administration (15%), SQL (10%), other software (5%)