Name: Sajal Saha
Profile: Phd Student at Western University, Canada
SkillMachine Learning 85%
I am a graduate student at Western University, Canada pursuing my Ph.D. in Computer Science under the supervison of Dr. Anwar Haque My research interest includes machine learning, deep learning, cyber-security, and traffic forecasting. Currently, I am working as a research intern in Mitacs focusing on network anomaly prediction and traffic forecasting using deep learning.
I completed my master's from Brock University, Canada, and my research area was Data Mining. I received several awards including Distinguished Graduate Student Award, Spring Research Fellowship, Provost's Brock University International Scholarship, and Entrance Scholarship.
University of Western Ontario
PhD in Computer Science 2021-Continue
MSc in Computer Science 2018-2020
Masters in Information Technology 2013-2014
Patuakhali Sci. And Tech. University
BSc in Computer Science and Engineering 2008-2012
Research & Teaching Assistant
- Worked as a research assistant under the supervision of Dr. Professor Michael Winter
- Conducted tutorial sessions on software engineering topics for final year student
- Worked with faculty in undergraduate courses
Patuakahli Science and Technology University
- Delivered lecture and conducted lab on Structured programming language (C), Object-oriented programming language (Java), Data Structure and Algorithm
- Trained students in Software development(Android and C#) and Web development(HTML, CSS, PHP, MySql)
- Supervised project for final year undergraduate students.
- Resolved technical issues on Android commercialization projects in the MEA region of Samsung mobile division. The area of focus was the Samsung ChatON application on the J2ME and Android platform.
- Designed and developed apps for Samsung based technologies which include: Tizen phone apps, Tizen Gear watch apps and proprietary Android applications for Samsung devices.
- Designed and developed different R&D projects related to augmented reality, automated testing and smart device integration.
- Worked with Android system API, for example, Contacts, Call, SMS, Multimedia, GPS, Notification, Settings etc.
I know Sajal as a bright young engineer who had keen interest new technology and solving new problems while learning the theory and fundamentals behind the technology.
Samsung R&D had many bright engineers, but even among them, Sajal's capabilities were exceptional. Sajal was an extremely bright and capable engineer who never came across an issue he couldn't tackle. He had a very deep and sound knowledge of CS fundamentals, and he was able to put it into good practice.
of CS fundamentals, and he was able to put it into good practice.
List of academic award won
Western Graduate Research Scholarship (WGRS) for completeing PhD degree in computer science at Western University (UWO)
Distinguished Graduate Student
Won this award from Brock University for highes academic average in computer science Deparment
Prime Minister Gold Award
This award is for good academic performance among public university in Computer Science and Engineering faculty in 2007-2008 session.
PSTU Gold medalist
This award is for securing first position in undergraduate level at Patuakhali Science and Technology University.
Award for obtaining CGPA more than 3.75 in consecutive three academic year.
Western Summer 2021 Student Internship (WSSI)
2018-2019 Provost's Brock University International Scholarship