Office: Middlesex College 419
Tel: 519-661-2111 ext. 86996
Mahmoud El-Sakka received his B.Sc. (Hons) and M.Sc. degrees in Computer Science and Automatic Control Engineering from the University of Alexandria, Egypt, in 1985, and 1990 respectively, and his Ph.D. degree in Systems Design Engineering from University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, 1997.
Since 1999, Dr. El-Sakka is a faculty member with the Department of Computer Science, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada. From 1997 to 1999, he was a faculty member with the Department of Systems Design Engineering, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
- Ossama Mahmoud, GH Janssen and Mahmoud R. El-Sakka, "Machine-Learning-Based Functional Microcirculation Analysis", Annual Conference on Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence, IAAI'2020, pp. I3326-I3331, February 2020, New York, New York, USA.
- Mahmud Hasan and Mahmoud R. El-Sakka, "Improved BM3D Image Denoising using SSIM Optimized Wiener Filter", EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing, Vol. 2018:25, pp. 1-12, December 2018
- AbdulWahab Kabani and Mahmoud R. El-Sakka, "Ejection Fraction Estimation Using a Wide Convolutional Neural Network", International Conference on Image Analysis and Recognition, ICIAR'2017, LNCS 10317, pp. 87-96, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, July 2017, Montreal, Canada.
- AbdulWahab Kabani and Mahmoud R. El-Sakka, "Improving Right Whale Recognition by Fine-tuning Alignment and Using Wide Localization Network", Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, CCECE'2017, pp. 687-69a,2 May 2017, Windsor, Canada.
- Monagi Alkinani and Mahmoud R. El-Sakka, "Patch-based Models and Algorithms for Image Denoising: A Comparative Review Between Patch-based Images Denoising Methods for Additive Noise Reduction", EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing, Vol. 2017:48, pp. 1-27, December 2017, (Full Article)
- AbdulWahab Kabani and Mahmoud R. El-Sakka, "Object Detection and Localization using Deep Convolutional Networks with Softmax Activation and Multi-class Log Loss", International Conference on Image Analysis and Recognition, ICIAR'2016, LNCS 9730, pp. 358-366, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, July 2016, Povoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- Asif Khan and Mahmoud R. El-Sakka, "Adaptive Non-Local Means using Weight Thresholding", Lecture Notes in Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS), Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, (22 pages), 2016.
- Ishtiaque Hossain, Angela Roberts-South, Mandar Jog, and Mahmoud R. El-Sakka, "Semi-automatic Assessment of Hyoid Bone Motion in Digital Video Fluoroscopic Images", Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 25-7, 2014
- CS 2208 - Introduction to Computer Organization and Architecture
- CS 2211 - Software Tools and Systems Programming
- CS 4481 - Image Compression
- Associate Editors, Pattern Recognition, Elsevier
- Member, Professional Engineers Ontario, (PEO) Association, since September 1999
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Society, since March 1999
- Member, Egyptian Engineers Syndicate, since August 1985