Office: Middlesex College 384
Mostafa Milani is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at Western University. His research is focused on Data Management and Databases, and more specifically, Data Cleaning, Data Quality Assessment, Data Provenance, and Data Privacy. Before joining Western, he was a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of British Columbia, and a postdoc at McMaster University. He received his Ph.D. from Carleton University.
Data quality assessment and cleaning, data provenance, data privacy
- Omar AlOmeir, Eugenie Yujing Lai, Mostafa Milani, and Rachel Pottinger, Summarizing Provenance of Aggregate Query Results in Relational Databases, 2021, To Appear in IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE'21).
- Mostafa Milani, Yu Huang, Fei Chiang, Preserving Diversity in Anonymized Data, 2021, To Appear in The International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT'21).
- Yu Huang, Mostafa Milani, and Fei Chiang, Privacy-Aware Data Cleaning-as-a-Service, 2020, Information Systems, 94(101608).
- Zainab Zolaktaf, Mostafa Milani, and Rachel Pottinger, Facilitating SQL Query Composition and Analysis, 2020, ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD'20).
- Omar AlOmeir, Eugenie Yujing Lai, Mostafa Milani, and Rachel Pottinger, The Pastwatch: On the usability of provenance data in relational databases, 2020, IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE'20).
- Zheng Zheng, Tri Minh Quach, Ziyi Jin, Fei Chiang, and Mostafa Milani, CurrentClean: Interactive Change Exploration and Cleaning of Stale Data, 2019, ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM'19).
- Jianjun Liu, Zainab Zolaktaf, Rachel Pottinger, and Mostafa Milani, Improvement of SQL Recommendation on Scientific Database, 2020, International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM'19).
- Mostafa Milani, Zheng Zheng and Fei Chiang, CurrentClean: Spatio-Temporal Cleaning of Stale Data, 2019, IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE'19).
- Leopoldo E. Bertossi and Mostafa Milani, Ontological Multidimensional Data Models and Contextual Data Quality, 2018, Journal of Data and Information Quality (JDIQ'18), 9(3),14:1-14:36.
- Yu Huang, Mostafa Milani, and Fei Chiang, PACAS: Privacy-Aware, Data Cleaning-as-a-Service, 2018, IEEE International Conference on Big Data (BigData'18).
Databases II (Advanced Databases), Winter 2020/21
- DIVA is a solution for data publishing that preserves data privacy and the diversity of data in the published instance.
- Pastwatch is a provenance exploration and summarization framework that builds on techniques for summarizing relational data and focuses on aggregation queries.