Laura K. Reid
Office: Middlesex College 416
Ms. Reid received her Honors Bachelor of Science with a Major in Computer Science and a Minor in Mathematics from Western University. She worked in the industry in Toronto for a few years before returning to Western to get her Bachelor of Education from Althouse College. After teaching Computer Science at the United Arab Emirates University, she found she had a real passion for teaching at the university level. Upon her return to Canada, she completed a Masters of Science in the field of databases and was hired in the Computer Science Department as a lecturer in the late 1990s. Ms. Reid has served as Undergraduate Chair of Computer Science, the Computer Science Outreach Chair, and as the Faculty of Science Outreach Chair. In the past 20 plus years, she has taught classes of anywhere from 15 up to 400 students, and from first year through to graduate courses. Ms. Reid is one of those very lucky individuals who truly can’t wait to get to work every day!
S.L. Osborn, L.K. Reid and G.J. Wesson. On the Interaction Between Role-Based Access Control and Relational Databases, Proceeding of the IFIP WG11.3 Tenth Annual Working Conference on Database Security, Chapman & Hall, Samarati and Sandhu eds., July, 1996, 275--287.
- Presentation at The Western Conference on Science Education: https://ir.lib.uwo.ca/wcse/WCSEFifteen/thur_july_9/13/
- Computer Science 1033A/B
- Computer Science 3319A/3120A/9159A/Digital Humanities 3220A
- Faculty of Science Dean's Special Award of Merit - 2013
- Faculty of Science Outreach Award of Excellence for Outreach and Recruitment - 2007
- Developed the first two blended courses offered in the Computer Science Department - 2015 and 2017
- Western Faculty of Science Outreach Coordinator 2012 to 2017